So I thought we could assess the situation about the ship. I’m not sure if you guys noticed but its broken.
The campaign has turned from “We have vehicles and potential money flow from our employer.” to “We now have no resources and are on the run especially because the patrols are under the Kajidic payroll.”
So what we’re looking at is this…to give you guys some perspective on what needs to be accomplished and purchased.
- You have no credits because of the amount of betrains that happened. What little creds you have needs to be reserved for bribes or coercion attempts.
- You have no money to fly. Meaning you need to stow-away, hide, or walk from Sector to Sector which is not an easy task. I suppose you can also steal a ship.
- You have weapons, which will allow you to mug or steal from other people if you can get back to civilization.
- You need disguises while you’re in the lower sectors. Remember; Gootaa has influence all the way up to Sector 42 (as this is where the Bank Depot was located)
The ship came out of the mechanics bay prematurely. If you look at my previous post I put in issues that it was going to have as if it was mostly fixed and flyable. However, since things took a different turn you’re looking at taking on the repair costs yourselves rather than Gootaa assisting. See what happens when you betray your Lord and Lover Gootaa. :P
Note The issues listed below are as if Bril’han and X are working on the ship with no mechanic/labor fee’s.
- The electronics are hosed but can be fixed entirely with about 500 credits in parts.
- The nav computer and com relay systems are dismantled and shoddy. The droid brain is serving as a workaround, but wont work for long due to the circuitry issues. This will run you about 1,000 credits to fix the problems.
- The central processing computer needs minor repairs. This was primarily being worked on by Gootaa’s engineering team. About 50-100 credits in parts can replace what is needed here.
- The inside hull plating will be one of the most expensive jobs. This includes the refurbishing/retrofitting of missing wall panels, walkways and inner heat shielding; especially around the engineering/engine bays. This will cost around 6,000 credits to fix, as Durasteel is required in the manufacturing. This can be replaced with rusted/scrap for 3700 but makes the ship a lot weaker.
- The fixing of the engine thrusters requires the rest of the engine assembly to be properly put together. The engines actually work just fine but were disconnected during the refurb process. To pull apart the engine and reassemble everything in proper order you need a Class 1 Mechanics bay to do. A single person can put this together with the assistance of machinery in the course of 2 weeks, working 8 hrs each day. A team of 16 can do this in 8 hrs including testing, diagnostics and refueling.
- The cargo bay door and security hatches each require a 500 credit fix. There are 2 internal doors and the external one with the exposed wires/pneumatics totalling around 1500.
- The nav computer does not interface with the Hyperdrive either, that is a 2500 part fix.
- Hyperdrive motivator set is damaged and requires replacement; 2,000 credit fix.
- Turret wiring is shot, only allowing a 180 degree spin and miscommuncations with the ammo bay. 700 credits to fix.
Last but not least, the Ship needs replacing, around 50k..kidding
Last but not least – the transponder relay and satellite doesn’t exist. A new one will be required. This costs roughly 5,000 credits to fix.
- The ship requires 17 to 20,000 credits in fixes. This does not include luxury features covered on the initial Draco MK schematics such as the POD module and the Bacta tank fix. This price reflects a portion of the cost that did not get to be finished by the engineers as you guys were still around 2 weeks out before everything was a go. The ship can fly and travel through the hyperlanes of space for 10,000 credits but you will have limitations of your offensive/defensive capabilities.
- Essentially you need to come up with the 17-20k credits. Doing jobs, robbing people, stealing, securing a loan from the bank or from a loan shark (putting you in more obligation) are all options.
- Keep in mind you are on the run. Now more than ever are your skill sets and pre-planning the single most important aspect. I would use this open forum or your Google Chat to start planning…..you all have a long road ahead of you. Another thing to discuss is the “What now?” What do you guys want to do as a group? Investigate Darro and the Kyber Crystals? Leave this planet and change your names? The sandbox is open and a direction NEEDs to be made by Saturday morning.
- This is just my initial quote; things can obviously change as I made shit up on the go but I just wanted to give you a rough overview of why your ship was flying the way it does.
- Jakkar and Cen managed to steal some of Gootaa’s weaponry from his armory as they were trusted. You may add the following items to your group loot and divide them as you see fit
- x2 Good Quality Holdout Blasters
- 1 Stun Gernade
- x3 Combat Knives
- x1 Vibro-sword
- x2 Light Blaster Pistols – Good Quality
- x2 reload charges
Plus all the other shit inside your lockers that was gifted to you.